Peanut Butter Churros
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Churros are all the rage right now, but they’ve been a favorite of mine for quite some time. I was so excited to finally cross ‘make churros from scratch’ off my bucket list. Surprisingly, it’s easier than I would have thought and fewer ingredients than I would have expected as well. Churro shops and food trucks are popping up all over the place and for good reason. You can customize your flavors and dipping choices – then enjoy the hot delicious treat nearly right out of the fryer. If you can’t make it to a shop or truck you’ll be happy to know they are just as easy to make right at home! Give these peanut butter churros version a try – they are delicious!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 small churros
Adapted From: The Semisweet Sisters
1 c. water
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil + enough for frying
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. Peanut Butter & Co. peanut powder – Vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1-2 tbsp. Peanut Butter & Co. Chocmeister milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, salt, and oil. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in flour and Peanut Butter & Co. peanut powder – Vanilla until fully incorporated
- 3. In a shallow bowl or plate, mix together cinnamon & sugar for coating.
- 4. Fill a medium sized saucepan with 2” of vegetable oil. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 5. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with half the churro batter. Pipe 5-6” strips of dough onto parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- 6. Once oil is heated, scoop dough with a metal spatula and add to oil when it’s hot. Fry approx. 2-4 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges, flip if needed to brown both sides.
- 7. Remove with slotted spatula or spoon. Place on paper towels to drain then transfer to cinnamon sugar mix. Roll to coat.
- 8. Microwave Chocmeister for 10-20 seconds until melted. Dip & enjoy!