Cold Peanut Butter Pasta Salad
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Peanut butter not only is a great ingredient in sweets, but you can also make savory dinners with it. In this make-ahead recipe, this chilled pasta salad includes peanut butter, fresh vegetables, noodles and spices. Because of the red pepper flakes, this salad has a good kick to it, so use 1-2 teaspoons depending on the amount of heat you prefer (I’m more of a 2 teaspoons girl myself). If you’ve never tried peanut butter and noodles before, give it a shot! It has become one of our favorite dinners.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 ounces fettuccini pasta
¼ cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
½ cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1-2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on the amount of spice you want)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red or green bell pepper , chopped
2 carrots, cut into skinny matchsticks
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
sesame seeds, for garnish
1.Cook pasta according to box. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat peanut butter in microwave for 15 seconds to get it soft.
3. In a large bowl mix peanut butter, vegetable broth, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and minced garlic. Add your fettuccini pasta, chopped peppers, carrots, and basil. Stir well until all combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
4. Garnish with sesame seeds on top before serving. Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Pamela uses bell peppers and carrots in this noodle dish. What other vegetables would you pair with the fettuccine and peanut butter sauce?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, June 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 06/19/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of The Heat Is On peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.