No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nests
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Growing up, no-bake chocolate cookies were a staple in my house. I loved them because they were fast, easy, and required little precision. It was the first recipe I learned to master.
These little cookies are a take on our family recipe, with the variation of shaping them into nests and filling them with egg-shaped candy for Easter. I also added some crunchy chow mein noodles, which do a great job resembling twigs. It may sound like an odd addition but they have virtually no flavor of their own, and the little crunch they give the cookies is an extra bonus.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 18 cookies
1½ cups sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup whole milk
Pinch of salt
½ cup Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups old-fashioned oats
1½ cups crispy chow mein noodles
Egg-shaped chocolate candies
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and butter. Stir to dissolve sugar and melt butter. When the mixture is smooth, add the milk and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, oats and chow mein noodles. Stir until combined.
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper. Use the back of spoon to make a well in the center, like a bird’s nest. Let cool for 30 minutes.
4. Place egg-shaped candy in the center of each nest and serve.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Annalise uses chow mein noodles in this no-bake recipe to resemble twigs. What other add-ins do you think would work here to make these nests?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, April 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 04/24/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.