Fluffy Japanese-Style Pancakes with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Oh, how I love pancakes! If you’re looking for a new spin on pancakes, look no further. These fluffy, Japanese-style peanut butter pancakes are really fun and equally delicious (especially with the Peanut Butter Maple Syrup). One thing I look forward to on the weekends is making a better breakfast than I typically do during the week. I love anything from french toast to waffles but especially pancakes. In fact, my absolute favorite pancakes are ones that my dad makes. Want to know what he uses? Bisquick. What’s so special about them? Nothing other than the fact that he’s been making them since I was a kid and there’s something nostalgic about when I get to eat them now as a grown up. Since I don’t think I can make his taste the same when I do it myself I don’t even try. Instead I try new recipes to keep things fresh & fun. These fluffy pancakes are just that: fresh & fun!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 28 minutes
2 large eggs
3/4 c. + 1 1/2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 c. flour
1 tbsp. Peanut Butter & Co. Original Powdered Peanut Butter
1/4 c. maple syrup
2 tbsp. Peanut Butter & Co Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
- 1. In a large bowl add the eggs, whisk, then add the milk and vanilla and whisk once more. Next add the sugar and whisk followed by the baking powder, flour and Peanut Butter & Co. Original Powdered Peanut Butter until incorporated. Let batter sit for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave safe measuring cup heat maple syrup on high 20-30 seconds. Whisk in peanut butter, and set aside.
- 3. To cook, use a stove top griddle. Coat with cooking spray and heat on medium. Also coat the insides of each of the egg rings.
- 4. Set the rings on top of the hot griddle and let sit for one minute. Add the pancake batter to each ring filling half way.
- 5. Cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the batter begins to form bubbles on top, then gently lift off each egg ring and carefully flip the pancake to cook the other side. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the inside is fully cooked. Serve with peanut butter maple syrup.
The post Fluffy Japanese-Style Pancakes with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.