VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Vegetarian Meatballs
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 25 “meatballs”
2 cups cooked lentils
3 large garlic cloves
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
1 cup warmed tahini
1 large tomato, chopped, for garnish
Butter lettuce leaves, separated, rinsed, and dried
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Puree lentils, peanut butter, garlic, onion, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and eggs in food processor until smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl and stir in breadcrumbs until evenly combined. Mixture should be thick and hold together. If it’s loose, add a few more tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
3. Coat hands with oil and roll mixture into 1 inch size balls, adding more oil to coat the meatballs thoroughly. Arrange on lined baking sheet.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp on the outside.
5. To serve, place a few meatballs inside one lettuce leaf (forming a cup), drizzle with warm tahini, and garnish with chopped tomatoes.