VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Turkey Chili
Happily feed your family or friends with this bean-less honey peanut butter-infused chili, made with a smokey base of tomatoes and southwestern spices, and a mix of white and dark turkey meat.
- Yield:6-8 servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour
- Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Large Pot or Dutch Oven
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Spanish onion, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
1 pound ground white turkey meat
1 pound ground dark turkey meat
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
Sour cream or Greek yogurt
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the onions and peppers until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the ground turkey and cook until browned.
2. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes, chipotle pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees, and broth. Stir to combine then raise heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has thickened slightly and ingredients are all tender.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve garnished with sour cream or Greek yogurt, and scallions.