VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Mushroom Veggie Burgers
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
The “meat” base of this burger is a medley of assorted mushrooms pureed together with onion and garlic. The mixture is then combined with oats, cheese, and herbs to make delicious, flavorful patties perfect for vegetarians.
In this recipe, crunchy peanut butter is specifically used which provides, along with the rolled oats, a texture to the burger that’s more fun to eat!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minute
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: about 8-10 Burgers
1 pound mixed mushrooms
½ yellow onion
3 large cloves garlic
2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
½ cup Crunch Time peanut butter
⅔ cup grated pecorino cheese
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
¼ cup parsley, finely minced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
For burger: whole grain burger buns, mayo, lettuce, tomato
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine mushrooms, onion, and garlic in a food processor and pulse 3-4 times until coarsely chopped.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet and add mushroom mixture. Saute for 5 minutes, or until much of the water has been cooked off. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Stir in the oats, peanut butter, cheese, eggs, herbs, salt, and pepper, and mix until evenly combined.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to place the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, and press slightly with hands to form burger-shaped patties.
6. Bake 10 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden and crisp around the edges.
7. Serve on burger buns garnished with mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
The post VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Mushroom Veggie Burgers appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.