VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Creamy Hot Sauce
These baked Buffalo tenders make a great weeknight meal for you or with your family. This easy recipe uses chicken tenders instead of the more traditional wings. They’re dipped in a buttermilk peanut butter mixture, coated with crunchy panko crumbs, and baked. Serve with the spicy peanut buttery dipping sauce and a nice green salad to round up the meal!
- Yield:4-6 servings
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:25 minutes
- Total Time:45 minutes
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 cup flour
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator, warmed slightly in the microwave
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
2 1/2 cups panko-style bread crumbs
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
For the sauce
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator, slightly warmed
2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce (or more for a spicier sauce)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Generously season the chicken tenders on all sides with salt and pepper.
3. Season the flour with salt and pepper and place in a shallow bowl.
4. Whisk together the Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator, buttermilk, and hot sauce until smooth. Place in a shallow bowl.
5. Combine the bread crumbs and paprika, and place in a third shallow bowl.
6. Bread the chicken by dipping first in the seasoned flour, then the peanut butter batter, then the bread crumbs. Shake off excess crumbs, and arrange on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
7. Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then turn and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, or until golden and crisp.
8. Prepare the sauce by whisking together Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator, hot sauce, and buttermilk until smooth.
9. Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.