VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Beef Meatballs
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 40 meatballs
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
4 slices sandwich bread, torn into pieces
2 large eggs
2 large garlic cloves, grated
1 tablespoon dried oregano
3 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 pounds lean ground beef (80%)
1/3 cup beef broth
Warmed marinara sauce, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9X13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl whisk together milk and peanut butter, and add bread. Let soak 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Stir eggs, garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes into the bread mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the beef to the bread mixture and stir gently until evenly distributed.
5. Roll into meatballs about 1 1/2” in diameter and nestle closely in the pan. Add 1/3 cup broth and bake for about 20 minutes, or until meatballs are fully cooked.
6. Drain off fat and serve about 3-4 meatballs on top of a bed of warmed marinara sauce on each appetizer plate.