VIDEO RECIPE: Chocolate Peanut Butter Nougat Candy Bar
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes plus 3 1/2 hours chill time
Yield: 12 servings
1 (13-ounce) jar dulce de leche
5 cups roasted salted peanuts
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
For storing bars:
Small cellophane or plastic bags
Ribbons for tying
1. Line a 9” square pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs. Spread half the peanuts on the bottom. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low and add the dulce de leche and peanut butter, stirring until combined.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour caramel over the peanuts, spreading evenly.
4. Top with remaining peanuts, pressing into caramel. Let chill at least 3 hours, or until set.
5. Remove candy from fridge, lift out of pan, and cut into bars or squares.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over bars. Return to fridge and chill for 30 minutes or until set.
7. Place each candy bar in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon. Store candy bars in refrigerator.
The post VIDEO RECIPE: Chocolate Peanut Butter Nougat Candy Bar appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.