VIDEO RECIPE: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 2 hours (most inactive)
Cook Time: None
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: About 30 cake pops
1 9 x13-inch or 2 9-inch round unfrosted chocolate cake layer(s), prepared from a mix*
1 16oz jar Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil
Pink and/or red heart sprinkles, for decorating
Chopped roasted peanuts, for decorating
15 paper straws, cut in half
*You can also use store bought cake, or your favorite from-scratch recipe
1. Break the cake into smaller pieces and add to a food processor along with the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, the vanilla, and salt. Puree until a dough forms.
2. Use a 2” cookie scoop to scoop out the cake dough and then roll it into circles with your hands, placing onto a wax lined baking sheet. Repeat with rest of dough.
3. Insert half a straw into each ball, then chill in refrigerator for at least one hour or up to overnight.
4. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth.
5. Dip each cake pop into the chocolate, swirling until coated, then tap off excess chocolate. Place on wax paper.
6. Sprinkle a cake pop with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet, then repeat with half of the remaining cake pops. Then repeat process using chopped roasted peanuts for the remaining pops.
7. Let set completely at cool room temperature or in the fridge.