VIDEO RECIPE: Baked French Fries with Peanut Butter Ketchup
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 servings of fries, 2 1/2 cups of ketchup
For the fries
4 large Idaho potatoes
For the ketchup
1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
3 large garlic cloves, smashed
1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and dry unpeeled potatoes and cut into 1/2” thick matchsticks.
2. Toss cut potatoes with oil and season generously with salt, then spread into an even layer on two baking sheets, making sure none of the potatoes touch. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through, until potatoes are golden and crispy on all sides.
3. Prepare the ketchup: Combine all ingredients except the peanut butter in a medium pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to the lowest setting and let simmer for 60-90 minutes, or until slightly thickened, darkened, and reduced.
4. Remove from heat and let cool before transferring to a blender along with the peanut butter, and pureeing until very smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Serve fries along with ketchup.
NOTE: There will be extra ketchup. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The post VIDEO RECIPE: Baked French Fries with Peanut Butter Ketchup appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.