Twice Baked Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Sweet Potatoes
My love for peanut butter and sweet potatoes began, well, before I can remember really. As a sweet treat at lunch I’ve always topped a baked sweet potato with peanut butter, cinnamon, and a shake of salt- it’s heavenly. By taking a typical twice baked potato and adding Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, brown sugar, and a touch of vanilla extract I’ve created an out of this world concoction. In fact, I am pretty sure I will be adding this to my breakfast rotation with it’s combo of carbs, protein, and healthy fats- not to mention its sweetness. It’s definitely enough to hold me over until lunchtime.
- Yield:4 servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time:1 hour 25 minutes
4 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub sweet potatoes with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Place directly on baking rack and bake for about an hour, or until the potatoes are soft to touch.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
3. When the potatoes are done cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Place in the peanut butter mixture and mix well, gently stirring in the raisins at the end.
4. Spoon mixture back into potato skins and bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, or until the potatoes are warmed all the way through. Serve hot!