Triple Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Yield: 14-16 sandwich cookies
For the Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
2/3 cup jumbo salted peanuts
1. Stir together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and Smooth Operator peanut butter until completely combined. Beat in the sugar, then scrape down the sides of the bowl before beating in the egg until the mixture lightens in color.
3. Stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture until a wet, sticky dough forms. Place plastic wrap over the bowl and chill in the fridge until the dough is firm enough to handle (minimum 40 minutes, max two hours).
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Once the dough has chilled, scoop it in slightly heaping tablespoon and roll into balls. Use your fingers to gently flatten the cookie dough. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes. The cookies will be extremely soft when fresh from the oven. Either allow them to cool on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack, or simply slide the whole piece of parchment paper onto the wire rack.
5. Make the icing while the cookies are cooling. Cream together the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and the butter, then beat in the icing sugar until smooth. Beat in a tablespoon of milk, and if the icing needs to be thinned out more beat in one additional tablespoon of milk. It should be thick, but still smooth and spreadable.
6. Divide the cookies into pairs. Spread one cookie in each pair with a generous spoonful of icing. On the other cookie in each pair spread a thinner layer of icing to help hold the sandwich together once the chopped nuts have been added.
7. Sprinkle the generously iced cookie with chopped peanuts, then press the other cookie on top to form a cookie sandwich and serve!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of sandwich cookies would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Smooth Operator peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Tuesday, December 17th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 12/24/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.