Stir Fried Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
With rice noodles, chunks of chicken, and tons of veggies, it’s a balanced meal all by itself. The combination of lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce gives this dish a Thai flair, while the Crunch Time peanut butter adds richness and texture from the big chunks of peanuts.
The best part of this dish is that you can make it with just about anything that’s in your fridge. Swap out the meat for some seafood or tofu and try adding different veggies. If you decide to switch out the noodles for something else (such as egg noodles or udon), make sure you boil them first according to the package directions.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
For the sauce
1/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Crunch Time peanut butter
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water
For the noodles
1 (8 ounce) package rice stick noodles
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
2 medium cloves
1 Thai chili, minced (more if you want it more spicy)
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
5 ounces bean sprouts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
Lime wedges for serving
1. Put the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with warm water for about an hour.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Drain the noodles in a colander. Heat a wok or large frying over medium high heat until very hot. Add the oil, and then add the chicken, garlic and chili. Fry until the chicken is almost cooked through. Add the fish sauce to the chicken and stir to coat. Add the drained noodles, red bell pepper and bean sprouts then stir to coat with oil.
4. Add the sauce and stir, while tossing the pan to evenly distribute. When the noodles are evenly coated, push them to one side, and then add the eggs and scramble. When they are mostly set, mix them in with the noodles and add the scallions.
5. Plate and top with crushed peanuts and lime wedges.