Soba Noodle and Vegetable Platter with Peanut Butter Sauce
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
This salad was inspired by a Korean dish of cold noodles and veggies called jaengban guksu. It’s perfect for those hot summer evenings when you’re looking for something quick, filling, and refreshing for dinner. What makes it so convenient is the recipe’s flexibility: switch up the veggies for whatever’s crispy and fresh in your fridge, replace the soba noodles for spaghetti if that’s what you have on hand, toss in chicken breasts or leftover steak. Just don’t skip the peanut sauce! You don’t want to miss out on The Bee Knees peanut butter whisked into a creamy, sweet and spicy dressing. It pulls the whole salad together and gives it a flavorful kick.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total time: 28 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the Salad
2 bell peppers
½ head of lettuce
3 bundles (8 ounces) of soba noodles
For the Sauce
⅓ cup The Bees Knees Peanut Butter
¼ cup orange juice
2½ tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (depending on your preferred level of spice)
2 teaspoons sugar
1. Whisk together all the sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside to allow the flavors to meld together while you prepare the salad.
2. Start a large pot of water boiling, and while it heats chop the carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, and zucchini into medium matchstick slices. Roughly chop the lettuce.
3. Once the water is boiling, add the soba noodles and cook according to package directions (usually 5-8 minutes). Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Continue rinsing until the noodles are cold. Allow them to drain thoroughly before moving them to the platter.
4. Arrange the vegetables on a platter with a space in the middle for the chopped lettuce. Place the noodles on top of the lettuce and bring to the table with the bowl of peanut sauce. If you’re in a rush, you can skip arranging them and just toss it together in a big salad bowl and serve.
5. Let everyone take some noodles and vegetables….and drizzle with the peanut sauce, toss to coat, and enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Annalise suggests throwing some protein into the salad. What would you add?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of The Bee’s Knees, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, March 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 04/17/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
The post Soba Noodle and Vegetable Platter with Peanut Butter Sauce appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.