Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Potato Stew
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
When it gets cold out this is one of our favorite go to stews. Not only is it delicious and creamy (thanks peanut butter!) but it’s super easy to make. Four hours after adding your ingredients to the Crockpot you will have a bowl of delicious potato stew that will keep you and your spirits warm! You can eat this as is, or serve over rice or egg noodles. I think a good piece of bread on the side is a great addition too.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 pounds of potatoes, diced
1 onion, sliced
1 cup of carrots, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic
2 cups water
salt + pepper to taste
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ cup Peanut Butter & Co Crunch Time peanut butter
White Rice or Egg Noodles (Optional)
Special Equipment: Crockpot
1. Stir together all ingredients except peanut butter and parsley in Crockpot. Cover and cook for 3 hours 30 minutes on high.
2. Add peanut butter and parsley. Cook for additional 30 minutes on high. Serve as is, or over white rice or egg noodles.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Pamela serves her stew over rice. Can you think of anything else the stew would go well with?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Crunch Time, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, March 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 03/27/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Crunch Time peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.