Portabella Sandwiches with Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Peanut Butter Spread
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
1 red pepper
5 cloves garlic cloves
2 portabella mushroom heads
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons Smooth Operator Peanut Butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 slices whole grain bread, toasted or soft*
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
*gluten-free bread can also be used to make this recipe gluten-free
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F
2. Roast the pepper and garlic cloves for 20 minutes until the pepper begins to char and the garlic has turned to brown.
3. Once the pepper is cool enough to touch, peel off the skin and discard it.
4. Meanwhile, place the portabella mushrooms on a baking tray and brush the top with olive oil.
5. Roast the portabella mushrooms for 10 minutes just until they’ve softened up a bit. Let these cool to room temperature before making your sandwiches.
6. To make the sauce, combine the pepper, garlic, Smooth Operator peanut butter, and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
7. To assemble the sandwiches, spread the peanut butter dressing onto one side. Place the portabella cap on the other, placing torn lettuce leaves on top and sandwiching the two sides together.
8. Slice in half and serve at room temperature.
The post Portabella Sandwiches with Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Peanut Butter Spread appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.