Peanut Butter Swirl Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
2-4 hours for the popsicles to freeze minutes
4 hours and 10 minutes
Yield: 6 popsicle
1. Coarsely chop the chocolate chips and set aside.
2. Whisk together the yogurt, honey, and sea salt; stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Add each kind of peanut butter to its own small bowl and stir 1/4 cup of the yogurt mixture into each.
4. Add both of the peanut butter mixtures to the yogurt mixture and swirl together gently, being careful not to over-mix since we’re going for a swirled effect.
5. Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds, making sure not to fill the molds over the “fill” line, since liquid expands as it freezes. (My molds are 2 1/2 oz/75 ml and I got exactly 6 popsicles). Gently tap the mold a couple times on a hard surface to help any air bubbles escape.
6. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert the sticks (waiting 30 minutes ensures that the sticks won’t sink all the way down).
7. Return to the freezer and freeze completely, about 2 to 3 hours more, depending on the size of your popsicles and how cold your freezer is.
8. To easily unmold the popsicles, dip the plastic bottoms in warm water and they should slide right out.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Faith mixes in chocolate chips. What other add-ins would you consider mixing in with the peanut butter yogurt concoction before freezing?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams and White Chocolate Wonderful, the peanut butters used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, August 19 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 08/22/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar each of White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chocolate Dreams. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.