Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
For the cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together on high speed until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips. Set cookie dough aside.
4. Using either the stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat the peanut butter and sifted powdered sugar until smooth. Use a small spoon to portion the mixture into 24 small balls.
5. Take a small spoonful of the chocolate cookie dough and flatten into a disk. Place a ball of peanut butter in the center. Take another small spoonful of the chocolate cookie dough, flatten into a disk, and place on top of the peanut butter ball, pressing to seal the top and bottom layers. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: You may add chocolate chips on top of the cookies before baking for added chocolate-y flavor!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What are your favorite foods to stuff with peanut butter?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, December 29nd, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 1/7/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.