Peanut Butter “Elvis” Burger
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
This is a burger recipe with a rather unusual topping – peanut butter! It’s a bit wacky and will be most suited to the hardcore peanut butter lover, which is why I’ve named it the Elvis Burger.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
About 1 pound/450 grams ground beef
8 rashers smoked bacon
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon chipotle chili flakes
4 tablespoons Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
½ red onion, thinly sliced
4 burger buns
1. Divide the ground beef into 4 equally sized balls, then flatten into patties and set aside. Grill the bacon rasher until crisp, then chop into smallish pieces and set aside.
2. Heat a pan until very hot. Season the burger patties with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes each side, or to taste.
3. While the burgers are cooking, make the peanut butter sauce by heating a tablespoon of oil in a pan and gently softening the ginger and garlic for a couple of minutes, stirring. Add the chipotle flakes for a further minute, then take the pan off the heat and add the peanut butter, along with a tablespoon of hot water (don’t use cold water). Mix well.
4. When the burgers and sauce are ready, place a little iceberg lettuce on each bun, followed by some onion, a burger, then some of the peanut butter sauce. Top with crispy bacon pieces and the top half of the bun. Eat immediately.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Helen uses her peanut butter sauce on a bacon burger. What other sorts of sandwiches do you think this sauce would pair well with?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Smooth, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, May 5, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 05/8/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.