Peanut Butter Chicken Sliders with Sweet Chili Red Cabbage Slaw
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 sliders
For the Meatballs
1 pound extra lean ground chicken
1/4 cup Crunch Time peanut butter (melted) + more for drizzling*
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons crushed pineapple + 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (from can)
3/4 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray to grease
6 slider buns (I used brioche)
*I melted another 1/4 cup Crunch Time peanut butter to drizzle on top – use more or less depending on your preference!
For the Sweet Chili Red Cabbage Slaw
1 1/2 cups sliced red cabbage
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cornstarch (sifted)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Amply grease baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl combine chicken, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, panko crumbs, ginger, and salt and pepper, mashing with your hands until well combined. Next, with damp hands roll chicken into six even sized balls, transferring each to baking pan as you go.
3. Spay the tops of each ball with cooking spray, then bake for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
4. While meatballs cook, prepare slaw. In small pot bring rice vinegar and water to a boil over high heat. Once a boil is reached, reduce flame to medium before whisking in sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, ketchup, and cornstarch. Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cool. Once sauce reaches room temperature, combine with cabbage, stirring well.
5. When ready, assemble your sliders. Spoon an extra-large tablespoon of cabbage onto each bottom bun, then layer with meatballs. Drizzle more peanut butter before sandwiching with top bun, then immediately serve.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of burgers would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Crunch Time, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, July 9th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 7/16/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Crunch Time peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
The post Peanut Butter Chicken Sliders with Sweet Chili Red Cabbage Slaw appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.