Peanut Butter Apple Galette
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 galette
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 Red Delicious apples, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup Mighty Maple peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. On a lightly floured surface or on a silicon-baking mat, roll the thawed pastry crust dough to a 13-inch square.
2. Trim off the corners to make a rough circle — it doesn’t need to be perfect. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon together. Coat sliced apples in sugar mixture.
3. Slide the dough circle onto a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Prick the dough all over using a fork. Spread peanut butter in the middle of the pastry dough. Arrange the apples in neat concentric circles, just barely overlapping the slices, leaving about a 1-inch border of pastry. Dot the apples with the butter.
4. Fold the pastry edges up over the apples to make a 1-inch border. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the dough is medium brown at the edges and underneath and the edges of the apples just begin to brown. Slide onto a cooling rack.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of Szechuan dishes would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Tuesday, November 19th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 11/26/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.