Peanut Butter and Oat-Crusted Breakfast Pizza
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
One of my favorite quick breakfast meals is a piece of toasted cinnamon raisin bread with warm, gooey peanut butter on top. I used that as the inspiration for this dish and added in the Greek yogurt to make it more nutritious. As a busy mother of two, I often need an on-the-go breakfast and this pizza is perfect for that. But it’s not just for me. My family and I enjoy this pizza as an en route breakfast while traveling to our favorite weekend hiking trails
Prep time: 11 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total time: 43 minutes
Yield: 6-8 slices
For the crust
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill® Extra Thick Rolled Oats
1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Crunch Time
2 tablespoons Peanut Butter & Co. Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the topping
1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
1/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter, plus 2 tablespoons for drizzle
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons golden roasted peanuts, chopped*
*Also available from Peanut Butter & Co.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place a sheet of parchment paper into an oven-safe 10-inch skillet, pressing flat along bottom and sides.
2. Spread oats in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven for 8-10 minutes. Pour toasted oats into a medium-sized bowl and add chopped raisins and cinnamon. Toss to combine and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add peanut butters, brown sugar, golden syrup, and unsalted butter and stir until all ingredients are combined and melted, about 4 minutes.
4. Add melted peanut butter mixture to toasted oats and combine making sure all oats are coated. Pour into parchment lined skillet and press peanut butter-oat mixture evenly along the bottom of the skillet with the flat side (bottom) of a stainless steel measuring cup or with the backside of a wooden spoon. Trim the parchment paper to 1-inch above the crust. Place skillet into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. To prepare the topping, mix yogurt, peanut butter, cinnamon, and agave nectar in a small bowl until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Cool crust in skillet for 10 minutes. While the crust is still warm, cut into quarters and then into eighths. Allow crust to remain in the skillet until cool to the touch, about 40 minutes. Cut along the same lines again to insure easy removal of each slice. (The recipe can be made 1 day ahead up to this point.)
7. Spread yogurt topping over crust to within a half inch of the edge. Drizzle with smooth peanut butter and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve wedges from the skillet or grasp the parchment paper and lift entire pizza out. A metal spatula will be needed to remove the first piece.