Peanut Butter and Jelly Loaf
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
And heads up, this bread also makes killer French toast, which is perfect for a special occasion breakfast or brunch!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Yield: 1 (9 X 5-inch) loaf
For the Streusel Filling
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
For the Batter
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 medium ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup mashed)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Butter, for the pan
Flour, for the pan
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Add all ingredients for the streusel into a food processor and pulse until it forms a chunky mixture, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor as necessary. (Be careful not to puree it; it should still have texture.) Set aside for 10 minutes while you make the batter.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl or large measuring cup, and set aside.
4. Mash the banana in a large bowl, then whisk in the brown sugar, eggs, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet all at once, and use a wooden spoon to stir just until incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.
6. Spread 1/3 of the batter on the bottom of the prepared loaf pan, and then sprinkle 1/3 of the oats mixture on top of the batter. Repeat this 2 times, ending with a layer of the filling on top.
7. Bake until the loaf is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs, about 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes. (The bread should be golden brown, but you can drape a piece of foil over the loaf if it starts to get too dark on top before it’s done inside.)
8. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool completely before removing and slicing.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of peanut butter breads would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of The Bee’s Knees, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, July 22nd, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 7/29/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Tags: bread Breakfast Brunch Dessert oatmeal PB&J Peanut butter Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut Butter & Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts Peanut Butter and Jelly recipe Snack Sweet The Bee's Knees Treats Uncategorized