No Bake Peanut Butter Cocoa Pretzel Spiders
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes (includes cooling time)
Yield: 24 servings
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
76 small pretzel sticks
1. Mix the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) in a large saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and let boil for 3 minutes.
3. While the cookie base is cooking, lay out your pretzel sticks on parchment or wax paper. You’ll need 6 for each cookie spider.
4. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
6. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto your pretzels so they look like the spider legs under your cookies.
7. Let cool until set.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other edible decorations would you add to these Halloween inspired No Bake Peanut Butter Cocoa Pretzel Spiders?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator the peanut butter used in this recipe!
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, October 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 11/08/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter ($5 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.