Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 2 hours and 15 minutes (includes 2 hours chilling time for dough)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours and 35 minutes
Yield: 12 scones
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
6 tablespoons The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
8 ounces mini-chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
2/3 cup half-and-half
1. In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pour in flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Pulse 2-3 times to mix ingredients.
2. Add butter pieces and pulse until the mixture forms crumbles the size of small peas. Then, add in the peanut butter and pulse again until peanut butter is no longer visible.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and half-and-half. Pour half of the liquid into the peanut mixture, then pulse to incorporate. Repeat with the remaining liquid.
4. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
5. At this point the dough will be sticky so it is helpful to lightly flour your hands before touching the dough. Remove the dough from the food processor and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide it into half and press each half into a circle about 6” in diameter and 3/4” thick. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove disks from the fridge and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut each disk into 6 evenly sized wedges. Separate each wedge so they are about 1” apart to allow for even baking.
7. Bake scones for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. To check if they are baked through make sure the edges and sides are golden brown and slightly hardened. They should not look wet or doughy.
8. Cool briefly, serve warm.