Double Peanut Butter & Pretzel Sundae
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 2 hours 15 min (includes 2 hours freezer time for pretzels)
Cook Time: 9 hours 5 min (includes 6 hours chilling time for ice cream mixture)
Total time: 11 hours and 20 minutes
Yield: 1 quart of ice-cream; about 4 sundaes
1/4 cup Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 2/3 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
12 pretzel logs (thin or thick are fine)
1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, divided
1. In a blender, puree the Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter, sugar, cream, half-and-half and salt until completely smooth. You might need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to make sure everything gets completely incorporated.
2. While the ice cream is chilling, melt 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter in a shallow sauce pan over very low heat. Dip each pretzel until it is completely coated and then place it on a sheet of wax paper. Place the pretzels in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. Then, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions.
4. While the ice cream is churning, break the pretzels into pieces about 1/4” to 1/2” wide. When the ice cream is ready to be removed from the machine fold in the pretzels with a spatula until evenly incorporated.
5. To make the sundae, melt the remaining 1/2 cup of Dark Chocolate Dreams over low heat. Scoop the ice-cream evenly into four bowls. Drizzle each bowl with 1/4 of the Dark Chocolate Dreams Sauce. Top with whipped cream and serve.