Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Mocha Muffins
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Enter the Dark Chocolate Dreams Mocha Muffins! Combining chocolate, peanut butter, and coffee, I’ve created the perfect morning treat that will have you rushing to the kitchen. These are perfect for weekend visitors as you can make the entire batch in advance and then drizzle them with peanut butter the morning of.
This is the treat for those days when you just need a little extra kick of caffeine (or chocolate for that matter).
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
2 cups of flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons instant coffee
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Parchment paper or aluminum foil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl combine half of the peanut butter, sugar, milk and instant coffee, mixing until just combined. Pour in the butter, egg, and vanilla, and mix for an additional minute.
4. Mix the dry mixture (1/2 cup at a time) into the the wet mixture.
5. Pour batter in lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 of the way full, and bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins and place on a baking rack to cool completely.
6. Once muffins are cooled, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (for easier cleanup). Place 1/4 cup of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time until it is runny.
7. Drizzle peanut butter over muffins and allow to set before removing from baking sheet. Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Kris drizzles Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter on this Peanut Butter Mocha Muffins recipe. What else would a Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter drizzle be delicious on?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, June 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 06/06/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.