Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Loaf
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
For the Streusel
1/3 cup roasted unsalted pistachios, shells discarded
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter the inside of a 9×5 baking pan and set aside.
2. Stir the flour, soda and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together the Smooth Operator peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Then stir in the egg and vanilla. Slowly fold in the flour, alternating with the buttermilk mixture. Beat well after each addition until the batter is completely smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Dollop the Dark Chocolate peanut butter on top of the loaf in two or three portions. Gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter with a knife.
5. Prepare the streusel by stirring together the sugar, salt and flour in a small bowl and mixing in the chopped pistachios. Gently press the pistachios into the top of the loaf. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.