Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
It’s not the holidays without some gingerbread, so why not skip the cookies and make a cake! This gingerbread bundt cake relies on a classic gingerbread recipe that’s easy for any skill level, with a result that’s crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and bursting with gingerbread flavor! But to make it even better, there’s a mouth-watering Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter glaze to smother on top. The glaze requires just four ingredients and a mere 5 minutes to put together, making it the perfect finishing touch to this traditional treat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes – 1 hour, + cooling
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
For the cake:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 1/2 tsps. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsps. cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking power
3/4 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, tightly packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup very hot water
shortening to grease
For the glaze:
1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 1/2 tsps. Vanilla
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Amply grease a 10” bundt pan with shortening.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, whisking gently until mixed.
- 3. Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy. Next add the eggs, one at a time, again beating on medium-high speed and scraping the sides as needed until well incorporated. Lastly, use a wooden spoon to stir in the molasses.
- 4. On low speed, gently add the flour and hot water in alternating doses until the batter takes shape. Scrape the sides as you need to, and make sure you start and end with the flour. When ready, transfer to greased bundt pan.
- 5. Bake on oven-middle rack for 55 minutes – 1 hour until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack for glazing.
- 6. While the cake cools, again use your stand mixer to combine the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and melted butter, beating on low speed. Once well mixed, increase speed to medium-high before adding in the powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Drizzle over your bundt cake while on the wire rack, then allow the glaze to set. Once set, plate and eat! You can decorate this with additional powdered sugar and store-bought gingerbread man cookies for an extra festive feel.
The post Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Gingerbread Bundt Cake appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.