Chocolate Peanut Butter Rum Balls
1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: 24 balls
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1/4 cup rum
1/3 cup turbinado or sanding sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl mix flour and salt together.
3. Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
4. Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and peanut butter until blended.
5. Gradually mix in flour mixture until combined.
6. Pour batter in prepared baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
7. Break up brownies and place in a food processor. Pulse a few times until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
8. Pour rum over crumbs and mix with hands until mixture forms a ball.
9. Make 1 tablespoon size balls with mixture then roll in sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
10. Chill balls for 1-2 hours before serving.
11. Store leftover balls in an airtight container.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of balls would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Tuesday, December 3rd, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 12/10/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.