Chocolate Peanut Butter Banoffee Pie
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Banoffee Pie is a favourite traditional dessert in the UK. Already quite an evilly delicious dessert as it is, here is an updated version of it with a whole new twist – chocolate peanut butter! One bite and you’ll never look back.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yield: 4 (about 8 for the larger 9.5in/12cm tart pan)
10.5 ounces / 300g oat biscuits
About 4 tablespoons / 60g butter, melted
½ cup/ 125ml Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
14 ounces / 397g canned caramel (dulce de leche)
3 bananas, sliced
About 12 oz. / 350ml heavy cream
1 tablespoon / 15ml icing sugar
About ¼ cup/ 50g dark chocolate, grated
1. Heat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C (fan 320°F/160°C/gas 4). Crush the biscuits in a food processor then add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press the mixture into four 12cm tart tins, with removable base, in an even layer. (Alternatively, you can use one 9.5in/24cm tart tin.) Transfer the tin to a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes, until lightly toasted and set. Leave to cool then gently release from the tin and put on a serving plate.
2. If you would like to thin the consistency of the peanut butter a bit, place the latter in a bowl and splash a bit of milk to it. Stir until the milk and peanut butter have blended. Repeat the process until the consistency is the same as cake batter. Now you can easily spread/pour the peanut butter on the base. Chill for 1 hour.
3. Spread the caramel over the biscuit base and chill for 1 hour.
4. Arrange the banana slices over the caramel.
5. Whip the cream and sugar together to form soft peaks and spread over the bananas.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate on top.
Storage: Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge. Thanks to oxidation bananas will go black quickly but other ingredients will last up to two days.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What is your favorite way to combine peanut butter and chocolate?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 05/29/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.