Chocolate Hazelnut Waffle Iron S’mores
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Nothing says summer quite like s’mores, but when you make them inside a waffle smothered with Chocmeister? Now that’s the ultimate summer treat! Begin with a basic waffle batter, then stir in crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Bake your waffles like you normally would, then right before they’re finished, top one side with loads of Chocomeister + more marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. Fold in half, bake for a few minutes more, and voilà! Waffle iron s’mores! The world’s most delicious, epic s’mores, ready for breakfast.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 s’mores
For the waffles:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups skim milk (I used 2%)
6 tbsps. salted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
For the filling:
1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tbsps. salted butter, melted
3/4 cup Chocmeister milk chocolatey spread
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- 1. Pre-heat your waffle iron to just past the “Medium” setting. If your waffle iron isn’t non-stick, you will need to grease it prior to using.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl combine the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring thoroughly until the batter takes shape. Lastly stir in the crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips, again mixing well.
- 3. Right before you make the waffles, in a small mixing bowl combine the remaining crushed graham crackers and melted butter, stirring until evenly coated.
- 4. When ready, pour the batter onto the heated waffle iron, starting at the center of each grid then spreading out as needed. Close the lid and wait until finished cooking, about 2 minutes.
- 5. Next, top one side of the waffles with Chocmeister, buttered graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips (if you want!), then fold the waffle in half to make a s’mores sandwich.
- 6. Close the iron and cook for 2 minutes more until browned and bubbling. Repeat until all batter and filling has been used, then eat!