Chocolate Hazelnut Rice Crispy Treats
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Everyone LOVES rice crispy treats. Well, maybe not everyone. I know that I certainly do—they’re one of my favorite easy desserts. Because I also love Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread, I wanted to marry the two together. I feel like it was a match made in heaven – these treats are delightful. They are also a little healthier than traditional rice crispy treats (which I’m sure you noticed) and so you can feel a little less guilty. Share these with friends, family, neighbors, or co-workers. They’ll all love them! Also, if you can’t find brown rice syrup, you can also substitute Karo syrup instead. Works just the same, just not as healthy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Total time: 11 minutes
Yield: 16 treats
2/3 c. brown rice syrup
1/4 c. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
4 c. rice cereal
1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1. Combine the coconut oil and brown rice syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- 3. Boil for one minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread and vanilla extract.
- 4. Pour the rice cereal into a large mixing bowl along with the salt. Stir in the boiled syrup mixture until the cereal is well-coated. Line an 8-inch pan with wax paper to prevent sticking, then spread the coated cereal in the pan.
- 5. Pack the cereal tightly into the bottom of the pan. Place the bars into the freezer to set up for 45 minutes.
- 6. Slice and serve!