Yeasted Peanut Butter Waffles with Peanut Butter Syrup
30 minutes (plus overnight rise)
Yield: 8 waffles
1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup or golden syrup
1–3 tablespoons milk for thinning
1. Choose a large mixing bowl that will allow your batter to double in size overnight. Stir together the yeast and warm water in the bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter, oil, sugar, and salt until combined then whisk in the milk. Pour the mixture into the large bowl and stir to combine it with the yeast water.
3. Add the flour and stir until a thick batter forms with no dry clumps of flour. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to rise overnight.
4. In the morning, preheat your waffle iron to the medium setting. Remove the waffle batter from the fridge; it should look puffy and bubbly. Whisk the two eggs and the baking soda into the batter until smooth.
5. Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron’s directions. Most irons use approximately two cups of batter per batch, but it varies from machine to machine. The waffles should be golden and crispy on the outside.
6. While the waffles are cooking, whisk together the Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter and maple (or golden) syrup until smooth. Whisk in the milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired drizzling consistency. Serve the waffles while warm and drizzle them generously with the syrup.
Tip: If you want to serve the waffles all at once, instead of as they come out of the waffle iron you can reheat them directly on your oven rack. Preheat the oven to 350°F, line the racks with waffles, and bake until the waffles are hot and crispy (approximately 3–10 minutes depending on how cold your waffles were).
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What kinds of toppings do you like to put on your waffles?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Smooth, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, February 23rd, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 3/3/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.