VIDEO RECIPE: Peanut Butter Chicken Stir Fry
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
This is a great recipe if you want to use up the veggies in your fridge or are just looking for a quick dinner to throw together. This vegetable and chicken stir fry has a subtle nutty and sweet flavor from the peanut butter sauce made with The Bee’s Knees. Serve with rice and you have a well-rounded hearty meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/3 cup The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons soy sauce, preferably low-sodium
1 inch peeled fresh ginger root
2 garlic cloves, peeled
kosher salt and black pepper
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 large red onion, cut into thick strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup snow peas
1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts, for garnish
1. Combine peanut butter, water, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat sesame oil in skillet and fry chicken in batches until fully cooked. Set aside.
3. Fry onions and peppers for 3 minutes, then add broccoli and mushrooms and fry for 3 more minutes. Add snow peas and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
4. Return chicken to pan and add sauce. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until thickened (about 3-5 minutes).
5. Garnish with chopped peanuts, and serve with steamed white rice if desired.