Thai Chicken Pizza with Peanut Butter Sauce
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
If you’ve never had Thai food you might not think this combination of flavors works. But it does in a very big way. It’s a great change from traditional Italian style pizza.
I used a gluten-free pizza crust recipe from Angela’s Kitchen.* If you’re on a gluten-free diet, give this crust a whirl. It’s easy to make and has a crisp edge. And If you don’t need to eat gluten-free, use your favorite pizza crust.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 (13-inch) pizza
1 gluten-free pizza crust
For the sauce
1/4 cup plus one tablespoon water
1/4 cup Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 clove garlic, grated or minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the toppings
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
5 ounces chicken breast
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
2 green onions, sliced thinly
1/4 cup shredded carrots
2 tablespoons freshly shredded basil leaves
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
1. Prepare the pizza crust according to the recipe or package directions. If using a gluten-free pizza crust, it usually requires that the crust is baked for 8-10 minutes before adding the toppings. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Make the sauce by stirring together the water, Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
3. Bake the pizza dough for 8-10 minutes.
4. Slice the chicken breast thinly. Cut the strips into small 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter sauce. Toss to coat.
5. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from pan onto paper towels to drain.
6. Put the desired amount of sauce on the pizza crust. Top with 3/4 of the cheese. Spread cooked chicken over pizza, then top with red bell pepper. Cover with remaining cheese. Finish by spreading green onion and shredded carrot over the top of the pizza.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and let sit for several minutes before slicing.