Spicy Chicken & Sesame Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Sauce
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
This chicken noodle salad is the perfect dish as part of a barbecue or to accompany other dishes. The bird’s eye chillies are pretty fiery, but the creaminess of the peanut butter suits it somewhat. Chicken breast can also be used, but for more flavor I use thighs.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 chicken thighs, skinned and deboned
½ white onion
1 yellow bell pepper
5 oz. /150 grams sugar snap peas
2 fat cloves of garlic
2 inch knob of ginger
10½ oz. /300 grams rice vermicelli
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the dressing
1 stalk of spring onion
A small handful of coriander
2 red birds eye chillies
4 tablespoons/65 grams Crunch Time peanut butter
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
1. The key to this recipe is preparation. Slice your chicken thighs into thin strips and set aside. Do the same for the onion, slicing into a half moon, and the yellow pepper into thin slivers. The sugar snap peas can be roughly sliced in half lengthways. Mince the garlic and the ginger.
2. To prepare the dressing, slice the spring onion diagonally and roughly chop the coriander. Finely slice the red chillies and add to a bowl. Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vegetable and sesame oil and vinegar, then stir well so that it all comes together. You could also add this to a clean jam jar and shake well to combine.
3. In a dry frying pan, toast the Sichuan peppercorns until fragrant and then grind in a mortar and pestle. Add this to the dressing.
4. Bring some water to the boil and cook your noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain and rinse well under cold water to get rid of excess starch so that they don’t stick together.
5. In a wok, heat the tablespoon of oil and stir fry the onions, yellow pepper and the chicken for a few minutes, until the chicken has turned white. Add the sugar snap peas and a splash of water and continue stir-frying on a high heat until the peas are tender; around 5 minutes.
6. To serve, place the noodles on a large plate and add the chicken mixture. Cover with the peanut sauce and then toss well. Serve warm or cold.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Lizzie adds onions, snap peas, and peppers to this noodle salad. What other vegetables do you think would taste good with the peanut butter dressing.
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Crunch Time, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, March 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 04/10/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Crunch Time peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
The post Spicy Chicken & Sesame Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Sauce appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.