Peanut Butter Cranberry Chickpea Balls
These cute little balls are packed with a hearty dose of protein from the eggs, chickpeas, peanuts and the peanut butter; not to mention the addition of fabulous fiber from the oats and cranberries. I use dry chickpeas to create maximum flavor, but you can certainly use canned chickpeas if you are in a time crunch. I serve this tasty bite-sized snack to kids after school with jam as well as to my adult clients and friends with plain Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a trendy appetizer with colorful toothpicks.
- Yield:12 servings
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:15 minutes if using canned beans; 3 hours 45 minutes if using dry beans
- Total Time:35 minutes or 3 hours 55 minutes
1 (16 ounce) package dry chickpeas
12 cups water
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co. The Bees Knees
2 cups dry gluten-free oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
2 large eggs
1. In a large pot, cover the chickpeas with water. Cook over medium heat for 3 hours or until tender. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more water. Remove from heat; set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine cooked chickpeas and all remaining ingredients; pulse until well combined. If mixture is too thick, add a touch of water. If mixture is too thin, add more gluten-free oats.
3. Using a tablespoon, form the chickpea mixture into golf ball sized portions on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Transfer chickpea balls into the oven; cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside for 3 minutes before serving.
5. Serve warm.