Peanut Butter Cookie Icebox Cake
This is a wonderfully simple to prepare and delicious ice box cake, turning the classic treat of peanut butter cookies with a glass of ice-cold milk into a whimsical and satisfying dessert. It’s perfect for the summer since it’s a no bake cake. It’s a perfect dessert to serve after a family dinner or to bring to a party like a barbecue or cookout. This cake can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for up to a day before serving.
- Yield:8 servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:4 hours
- Total Time:4 hours 15 minutes
1 Box (24 cookies) Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter chip cookies
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a food processor, finely chop 20 cookies into fine crumbs and set aside, these will be for the cake layers. Chop the remaining 4 cookies into small pieces and set aside, these will be for the topping.
- Combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- In an 11” x 7” x 1.5” baking dish, spread half of the finely chopped cookie crumbs, ensuring the entire bottom of the dish is covered, and gently press them together. Top with one half of the whipped cream.
- Add an even layer the remaining finely chopped cookie crumbs on top. Spread the final layer of whipped cream over the cookie crumb layer and sprinkle the remaining small cookie pieces on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- If frozen, allow to thaw for 30-40 minutes before serving. Cut slices of cake while still well chilled and serve immediately.