PB&J French Toast
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
10 1/2-inch thick slices of bread
1/2 of your favorite Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter (I used Mighty Maple)
1/2 cup strawberry jam
3 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1. Heat an electric griddle to 350°F, or a large pan over medium heat.
2. Spread 5 slices of bread with a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Spread the other five slices with the strawberry jam. Place one slice covered with peanut butter over one with strawberry jam and repeat with the remaining slices, creating 5 sandwiches.
3. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, flipping it to coat the entire sandwich.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle and add the sandwiches. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add more butter as needed. Serve with sliced bananas and strawberries.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Matt Weber uses Peanut Butter & Co.’s Mighty Maple and strawberry jam in his PB&J French Toast but any flavor combo would really work here. Which Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter flavor would you use? What jam or jelly would you pair with it?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar each of Mighty Maple peanut butter and Seriously Strawberry Jam, the jars used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 02/28/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Mighty MAple and one 12oz jar of Seriously Strawberry Jam. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Tags: Breakfast Brunch Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Crunch Time Dark Chocolate Dreams Dinner Lunch Mighty Maple Old Fashioned Crunchy Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut butter Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut Butter and Jelly recipe Smooth Operator The Bee's Knees Uncategorized Vegan Vegetarian White Chocolate Wonderful