DIY Infused Maple Peanut Butter Bourbon
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Whether you’re heading to a holiday party, or looking for things to put under the tree, this DIY maple peanut butter infused bourbon is a perfect gift for the whiskey connoisseur or budding mixologist in your life. DIY infusions can vary in the time it takes for flavors to develop, so give yourself at least four days before Christmas to start whipping up this gift. Your bourbon will taste great in a classic old fashioned, or something a little more adventurous. We like to mix it with Chambord for a PB&J shooter!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Infusing time: 3-7 days
One handle bourbon of your choice
1 jar Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
8 oz mason jars (if you use the full handle, you’ll have seven mason jars’ worth, plus a little extra for your eggnog!)
Gift tags and wraps
- 1. In each mason jar you plan to gift, place two tablespoons of Mighty Maple.
- 2. Fill each mason jar with the bourbon.
- 3. Screw on mason jar lid and shake together bourbon and peanut butter until it’s evenly distributed.
- 4. Store mason jars somewhere cool and dark. Taste daily and shake after, until the peanut butter flavor is as strong as you want it.
- 5. Once the bourbon has infused to your liking, let the peanut butter sediment settle to the bottom (this will help with straining). Pour the bourbon first through a mesh strainer (leaving most of the peanut butter in the jar), then through two layers of cheese cloth, and then through a coffee filter. The bourbon should be pretty clear at this point (a little cloudiness is okay!) but you can also put it in the freezer to freeze and skim any leftover peanut oil & solids.
- 6. Return the bourbon to the mason jars & decorate. We like twine and craft paper, but you can also use raffia, spruce fronds, or any of your favorite holiday wrapping!