Chocolate Hazelnut Earthquake Cupcakes
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
If you love chocolate then you are surely going to love these cupcakes. The Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread is phenomenal in this recipe. There’s a hint in the cupcakes themselves, but the real star is the Chocmeister Buttercream. You’ll want to keep a tight grip on the beaters that whip up the frosting because everyone will be begging for it. Sometimes you want a decadent dessert that can be made at home. This is the dessert for you. You don’t have to worry about leftovers – they’ll be snatched up without a question.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Total time: 38 minutes
Yield: 18 cupcakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 tbsp Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Chocmeister Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
- 1. For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- 2. Melt the butter, chocolate and Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread together in the microwave. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time. You may also melt the butter and chocolate over low heat on the stovetop. Stir until smooth and set aside to slightly cool.
- 3. In a medium sized bowl, toss the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add the cooled butter/chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk. Repeat until everything is added. Stir until just combined; being careful not over mix. The batter will be very thick like pudding. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- 4. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 5. For the frosting: In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Add Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread and beat until light and fluffy. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with chocolate sprinkles as desired.