Growing up, my mom’s no bake cookies were one of my favorite treats. This version is based on her basic cocoa no bake cookie, but they’re bumped up a bit with some peanut butter flavor and pretzel “spider legs,” making them a perfect Halloween treat.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
½ cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
⅓ cup cocoa powder
½ cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
76 small pretzel sticks
1. Mix the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) in a large saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and let boil for 3 minutes.
3. While the cookie base is cooking, lay out your pretzel sticks on parchment or wax paper. You’ll need 6 for each cookie spider.
4. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
6. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto your pretzels so they look like the spider legs under your cookies.
7. Let cool until set.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other edible decorations would you add to these Halloween inspired No Bake Peanut Butter Cocoa Pretzel Spiders?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator the peanut butter used in this recipe!
- The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, October 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
- One entry per person.
- Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
- Winner(s) will have until 11/08/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
- Winner will win one 16oz jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter ($5 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Peanut Butter Chicken Chili
- Good Morning Peanut Butter and Oats Coffee Cake
- Peanut Butter & Oat Carrot Cake Breakfast Pudding with Candied Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pots de Crème
- Chipotle Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter Wrap
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Yogurt Parfait
- Peanut Butter Tempeh Kebabs
- Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles with Ground Beef
- Banana-Hemp PB Smoothie and Chocolate-Covered Strawberry PB Breakfast Shake
- Spicy Peanut Butter Onion & Herb Bread
- Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Chocolate
- Triple Layer Elvis Birthday Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream
- Grilled Fruit & Peanut Butter Dessert Sandwich
- Peanut Butter-Marinated Spiced Fried Chicken
- Peanut Butter Banana Elvis Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Dutch Baby
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Muffins
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars
- Homemade Peanut Butter Pop Tarts
- 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams
- Alejandra Ramos
- Amelia Winslow
- Amie Valpone
- Amy Green
- Annalise Sandberg
- Brandi Evans
- Caroline Wright
- Caroline Yoder
- Erin D.
- Evan Thomas
- Faith Gorsky
- Hannah Queen
- Irvin Lin
- Isabelle Boucher
- Jacqui Scoggin
- Jennifer Orcutt
- Jessie Oleson
- Julie Van Rosendaal
- Katie Bryson
- Kelsey Banfield
- Kris Schoels
- Lauren Zembron
- Lizzie Mabbot
- Lori Twitchell
- Marc Matsumoto
- Matt Weber
- Pamela Reed
- Sally McKenney
- Sanura Weathers
- Stephanie Eddy
- Tieghan Gerard
- Tina Haupert
- Valerie Harrison
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Fruit, Gluten-free, Halloween, Holidays, Lunch, Mighty Maple, Noodles, Old Fashioned Crunchy, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, Smooth Operator, Snack, Soup, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube