VIDEO RECIPE: Easy Peanut Butter Sticky Buns
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
A bite of these sticky buns is a mouthful of ooey, gooey, peanut buttery yumminess.
A buttery cinnamon-sugar topping with chopped peanuts rests on these glorious buns, which are filled with melted Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter. These sticky buns are worth waking up for especially on these cold winter mornings!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 sticky buns
All purpose flour, for dusting surface
2 (12-14 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza crust (like Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust)
1 jar Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” square baking pan.
2. Make the topping: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and cook until butter and sugar is melted.
3. Dust work surface with flour and unroll one tube of pizza crust. Dust top of dough with flour and roll out slightly into a rectangle. Place so the longest side faces you.
4. Transfer peanut butter into a bowl and microwave until smooth and melted—about 1 minute.
5. Spread dough with half the melted peanut butter until completely covered. Starting from the edge of the longest side, roll the dough into a long tube. Push in sides and set aside, then repeat with second tube of dough.
6. Pour the topping syrup into the bottom of your greased pan and sprinkle with peanuts.
7. Cut the rolls of dough into 8 pieces each, and arrange nestled against each other in the pan, swirl-side up.
8. Place pan on a baking sheet to catch spills, and bake 20 minutes, or until dough is just a touch golden on top and topping is bubbling on the edges
9. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before flipping out onto a platter. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.