The Heat is On Soba Noodles
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 8-ounce package soba noodles
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup The Heat Is On peanut butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Bring a pot of salted to water to a boil and prepare the soba noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large heatproof bowl whisk together The Heat is On peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice and sugar.
3. When the noodles are cooked drain them in a colander and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
4. Add the noodles to the bowl with the peanut butter mixture and gently swirl everything together with a pair of tongs or a wooden spoon. Be careful not to break any of the noodle strands. If the peanut butter mixture seems a little thick add the reserved pasta water in little dribbles to thin it out.
5. Serve in pasta bowls and top each serving with a sprinkle of the chopped peanuts.