Thai-Inspired Crab Cakes with Spicy Peanut Butter Vinaigrette
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total time: 51 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound premium lump crabmeat, drained
1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
5 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1 egg white
1 cup dry breadcrumbs, finely crushed (or use panko)
Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1. Gently toss the crabmeat with lemon juice and ginger. Set aside.
2. In a small frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil sauté onions, pepper, and garlic until soft. Let cool and toss with crabmeat. Add remaining ingredients, except for breadcrumbs.
3. With clean hands form the crab meat mixture into small patties. Coat each crab cake with breadcrumbs and place on a wax paper-lined tray. Top loosely with another sheet of wax paper and and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Working in batches, place the crab cakes in the pan (do not crowd the pan), and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Drizzle with Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons The Heat is On peanut butter (depending on how spicy you like it)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
Dash of ground red pepper
1. To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper), stirring with a whisk. Refrigerate any leftovers not used in this recipe for a tasty salad dressing.
What other dishes would you use Valerie’s Spicy Peanut Butter Vinaigrette on? Leave a comment and on Tuesday, June 26 2012 we’ll choose a random commenter to win a 16oz jar of The Heat Is On, the peanut butter used in this recipe! US residents only.
The post Thai-Inspired Crab Cakes with Spicy Peanut Butter Vinaigrette appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.