Peanut Butter Harvest Hash
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
Pumpkin spice makes everything nice, even cereal snack mix! This extra-special harvest hash snack mix is decked out for Halloween with a generous smattering of mellowcreme pumpkins, and tastes extra-festive thanks to Peanut Butter and Company’s delectable Pumpkin Spice peanut butter.
This easy recipe can be prepared in less than 20 minutes including prep time, and yields addictively delicious results. Serve it at a Halloween soiree and marvel at how eaters of all ages gravitate to this party-friendly sweet snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 pieces
4 1/2 cups crispy rice squares cereal (such as Chex)
1/2 cup chocolate morsels
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Company Pumpkin Spice peanut butter
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 c. peanut butter chips
3/4 cup mellowcreme pumpkins (can use candy corn or a mix, also)
- 1. Place the cereal in a large freezer bag. Alternately, you can place it in a large bowl with plenty of room to mix.
- 2. In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the chocolate morsels and butter. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until the morsels and butter have melted and look smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the Pumpkin Spice peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter is cohesive and the mixture is nice and smooth
- 3. Spoon the semi-thick chocolate mixture on top of the cereal in the freezer bag. Shake the bag to thoroughly coat the cereal with the mixture. If using a bowl, stir to combine until the cereal is evenly coated.
- 4. Open the bag and pour in the confectioners’ sugar. Shake again until evenly coated. If using a bowl, stir to fully coat with the confectioners’ sugar.
- 5. Turn the mixture into a large serving bowl; let cool briefly, then add the mellowcreme pumpkins, and stir briefly to evenly distribute them. Enjoy!