Peanut Butter and Pineapple Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Parma Ham
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
It’s easy to make in advance and keep in the fridge ready to cook when you’re guests come over. For a really special treat serve with creamy and indulgent dauphinoise potatoes and a side of steamed greens.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes , plus freezing
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
4 tablespoons Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter
3 tablespoons tinned pineapple chunks, finely chopped
Handful of thyme leaves (removed from stems)
4 chicken breasts, without skin
4 large slices prosciutto di Parma ham
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl mix the peanut butter, pineapple and the leaves from half of the thyme together to form a paste, use a little of the pineapple juice if the mixture is a little stiff. Season and set aside.
2. Put the chicken breasts on a board and with a sharp knife cut a slit to form a pocket. Spoon in a tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the pocket and then smooth the top side over to seal. Repeat with all four chicken breasts.
3. Wrap each breast firmly in Parma ham, and then place in a roasting dish and drizzle liberally with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 400°F or 200°C for 25-30 minutes until sizzling, golden and cooked through.
4. Serve with hot buttered new potatoes, green vegetables and a splodge of cranberry chutney or sauce or if you can find it, red currant jelly.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Peanut butter and pineapple is a unique salty-sweet combination. What’s your favorite salty-sweet meal combination?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 03/13/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
The post Peanut Butter and Pineapple Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Parma Ham appeared first on - Peanut Butter & Co. Recipe Blog.